LOTHIAN REFLEXOLOGY - Reflexology for Stress, General Health, Fertility and Pregnancy. Also available: Indian Head Massage and Facial Rejuvination Massage.
Book by calling Doris on 07724 197627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What I really love about practicing Reflexology is having a holistic approach to health – using the mind-body (or body-mind) connection to improve health and well-being.
And this means that Reflexology is just as important for maintaining good health as it is in recovering from compromised health.
Mind-body specialist Dr. James Gordon states that the mind and body are essentially inseparable: "the brain and peripheral nervous system, the endocrine and immune systems, and indeed, all the organs of our body and all the emotional responses we have, share a common chemical language and are constantly communicating with one another."
"Mind" is not synonymous with brain, but rather it consists of mental states such as thoughts, emotions, beliefs, attitudes, and images. The brain is the hardware that allows us to experience these mental states.
Jon Kabat-Zinn, Professor of Medicine Emeritus and founding director of the Stress Reduction Clinic and the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School explains, ““When we are on automatic pilot, trying to get someplace else all the time without being attentive to where we already are, we can leave a wake of disaster behind us in terms of our own health and wellbeing, because we’re not listening to the body. We’re not paying attention to its messages; we’re not even in our bodies much of the time.”
It’s a fairly large challenge in these times to be stress-free and “in your body” some of the time, never mind all the time and that’s where Reflexology can help:
* A Reflexology treatment gives you time and space to “be”
* Because it’s a physical treatment, it helps tune your attention to your body
* It’s relaxing and it helps calm the mind
* And a calm mind and body kicks out hormones and chemicals which are much more beneficial to good health
* Reflexology (and relaxation) helps improve circulation. This in turn gets oxygen and nutrients to the body cells more efficiently, improving health at a cellular level.
* The relaxing effect of Reflexology helps to promote the release stored emotions (usually negative)
* Reflexology and the relaxation effect it encourages is balancing and helps bring the body back to a healthy state of homeostasis
* The relaxation that Reflexology helps to promote improves stress resistance: deep relaxation is the antidote to stress because you can’t be stressed and relaxed at the same time. Regular relaxation allows you to develop an awareness of stress which gives you the opportunity to deal with any small stressors before they turn into big stressors: effectively allowing you to micro-manage any stress.
* Reflexology and the relaxation it brings allows the mind and body to communicate more effectively without interference from the brain.
* Any treatment, Reflexology included, which you choose to have, demonstrates an intention to be healthy and whole and that must be a good thing.
It's my view that anyone who looks after themselves - eating a healthy diet, drinking lots of water, exercising, having fun and getting good quality sleep - may be missing a component of a healthy lifestyle if they're not choosing treatments that help promote that balance between mind and body (or body and mind).
So, if you've not tried Reflexology, why not give it a go? The only way to see what the benefits are is to try it out for yourself. Hope to see you soon.