- SMILE – it’s quick, easy and free! When you smile your body releases feel-good hormones.
- EXERCISE – you get a treble whammy through exercise: better health, improved blood flow to the brain, helping you think more clearly and reduced stress levels.
- GET ENOUGH REST & SLEEP – hobbies and holidays counterbalance work and everyday stress and sleep helps restore energy, concentration and general health.
- POSITIVE THINKING – remember external events don’t determine how you feel, rather it’s your response to external events that determines how you feel. Try adopting a positive response and thinking positive thoughts. It may take a bit of practice, but it’s worth it.
- REACH OUT TO OTHERS – Make sure you have a support network of friends, family and co-workers you can call on to help take the strain. And remember to be a good support to them too.
- ACHIEVE A GOOD WORK-LIFE BALANCE – All work and no play makes Jack and Jill a dull boy and girl. How you spend your time away from work can improve your performance and effect in work.
- RELAXATION – Make relaxation a regular part of your daily routine because relaxation is an easy and effective anti-stress weapon. Check out the many books, CDs & DVD that can help.
- EAT A HEALTHY DIET – Cutting down on coffee, sugar, alcohol and nicotine will help you avoid mood swings and a balanced diet will have your body functioning at its optimum level and more able to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
- HUGGING – Hugging feels good and has been proven to reduce the stress hormone, cortisone, so make sure you give and get your fair share of hugs.
- SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP IF YOU NEED IT – If you’re coping with more than one big event in your life – moving house, divorce, the death of someone close, big issues at work, ill-health – you may be so busy coping with the situations that you don’t notice their effect on you. Don’t be shy about seeking professional help – your GP, a counsellor, a stress management professional, etc may help you cope better maintain your physical and mental health.
Pick one items from the list and put it into practice and see how well it works for you.
Or you could come for a relaxing Reflexology or Indian Head Massage and let someone else take the strain for a change. Just call Doris on 07724 197627 to book your appointment. And remember there's a special JULY OFFER: £10 off your first treatment - but only if you book in July (appointments can be scheduled for August).