Yes? Then you may be more stressed than you realise.
If you can't remember the last time you felt TOTALLY relaxed, you probably have no way of knowing just how stressed you actually are.
STRESS IS BAD
We all know stress is bad because:
- it makes you sick - stress is a really quick way to deplete your immune system
- it takes you out of balance and that very quickly erodes your self-awareness - and without self-awareness it's really difficult to manage pressure and avoid stress effectively
- it inhibits intuition, creativity, openness, creativity and optimism - without which you'll find your ability to make good decisions eroded
- it reduces the effectiveness of your communications - you begin to talk more than you listen
- it reduces your effectiveness - you'll find yourself developing a narrower focus and losing perspective
- it affects your relationships - reduced self-awareness, poorer communication and loss of perspective are bound to impact negatively on relationships at work and at home
It's important to be self-aware because that allows you to manage pressure and avoid stress. But if life is a blur of activity, it can be difficult to find the time and peace to tap into that self-awareness. And I want to emphasise that pressure is good - without a bit of pressure we wouldn't be as efficient - but too much pressure for too long can create stress.
REFLEXOLOGY - THE ANTIDOTE TO STRESS
So why is Reflexology the antidote to stress? Well, you can't be stressed and relaxed at the same time, it's a physical impossibility - your body won't accommodate it. So, when you are totally relaxed, you release all stress and tension from your body.
And of course, there are many ways to relax - yoga, meditation, tai chi, etc - but often they take some serious personal effort and commitment to master.
Or, if you want to do yourself a favour, you can have a relaxing Reflexology treatment. If you're feeling very stressed, sometimes it's too big a stretch to get relaxed all by yourself, so why not accept a helping hand.
And relaxation doesn't just help you destress, it also:
- Slowing your heart and breathing rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the activity of stress hormones
- Reduces muscle tension and chronic pain
- Improves concentration, memory and mood
- Lowering fatigue
- Increases attention span
- Preventing stress from piling up and becoming cumulative (even sleep can fail to break the cumulative stress cycle unless you’ve given yourself permission to deeply relax while awake)
- Prevention or reduction of migraines, headaches, asthma, ulcers, and so on
- Increased self‐confidence – You can perform better when you are relaxed
- Increased availability of feelings. Muscle tension is one of the chief impediments to an awareness of your feelings (fear, anger, happiness, sadness)
HOW CAN REFLEXOLOGY HELP YOU RELAX?
It's about intention: the very act of booking a treatment can help you feel you're taking action to deal with the problem of stress. And then you don't need to do anything except turn up at the appointed time because someone else is there to do the work. Phew! What a relief.
It's physiological: there are more nerve endings per square centimetre in the foot than any other part of the body. Our feet constantly supply us with information and our feet, hands and face account for two-thirds of the sensory information to the brain about stress/relaxation. Reflexology helps to relax the feet and biofeedback from the brain consequently sends our relaxing chemicals and hormones throughout the body.
It's healing: touch is healing and soothing and because foot reflexology is remote - how many other treatments happen 5-6ft from your head? -it's easier to relax and it's perfect for those of us who don't like "hands on" therapies.
And, when you relax physically, your mind begins to slow down.
So, what if Reflexology could help get you started in really managing your pressure and avoiding stress?
Or, maybe you're already pretty good at managing pressure and avoiding stress, but think how much better you'd be with some regular support.
Managing pressure and avoiding stress as best you can will allow you maintain a balanced approach to life and help keep you in the driving seat. And if you hit one of those unavoidable stressful situations, then at least it's less likely to be the last straw.
To encourage you to reduce your stress levels, improve your health and nurture your self-awareness with Reflexology I'm doing a special offer:
3 Reflexology treatments for the price of 2 - that's a £35 discount ...
PLUS you'll also get a free relaxation CD, worth £10, that you can use any time you need. The relaxations only last 15 minutes, so they're short and easy to do.
To take advantage of this offer, just give me a call on 07724 197627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.