The reason I mention it in this blog is that I was struck by how often people say that the reason for them wanting to buy a holiday home overseas it for the lifestyle: their lives in the UK are busy and stressed and they long for something more laid back and relaxed.
For many of us, life is a non-stop merry-go-round of activity. There never seems to be enough time to get everything done and we seem to be giving out more than we are getting back, becoming more and more depleted as time goes on. We haven't forgotten that life is for living, but somehow we have lost the ability to connect with that lifestyle.
To help you squeeze a bit more time FOR YOURSELF out of your life, here are a few hints for creating extra time in your schedule:
1. Keep track of your TV time – it’s easy to sit down to watch your favourite programme only to discover the whole night’s gone.
2. Get organised. Time spent looking for things is wasted. Have a place for everything, so you know where to find it.
3. Do things in bulk. Where possible buy grocery items etc in bulk to save a trip to the shops. Or even quicker, shop online. When you cook, prepare one meal to eat and another couple to freeze.
4. Finish what you start. Unfinished business can be a real drain on your energy, motivation and concentration.
5. Designate days. Choose a day or night to do your errands, clean the house, etc. Stick to your schedule then forget about that task for the rest of the week.
6. Do the important things first. Of course, you need to know what's important, so it's worth investing time and deciding what is important to you - both in the immediate and longer term future. Then do those important things first.
7. Prioritise. Ask yourself “What would happen if I didn’t do this?” If the answer is “nothing much” then why is it on your list at all? The tasks with the greatest consequence take priority.
Remember. Put yourself first. It’s not selfish, it’s self-preservation. The busier your life, the more important you look after yourself, or, eventually, you will have nothing left to give.
If you're having trouble finding time for yourself, why not book a treatment of Reflexology or Indian Head Massage. Sometimes you have to carve out some "me time" in your diary or it just doesn't happen. To make an appointment call Doris on 07724 197627.