Woo Hoo! ...... Re-opening from
Monday 26th April
Here's a great video from the Association of Reflexologists explaining more about Reflexology. Enjoy!
I first wrote this article around this time last year, and I make no apologies for re-posting it again today... Because I heard recently that most people manage about 9 days of their New Year resolutions before they give up. So if you've had great intentions regarding the changes you'd like to make this year, but find sticking to them much more difficult than you'd thought, here are a few tips to strengthen your resolve:
1. If you've got a goal - WRITE IT DOWN and look at your written goal every day.
2. Be clear about WHY you want your goal - and how much better off you will be once you have it - and write that down too. Write down lots of benefits that achieving your goal will bring you and think about them every day.
3. Imagination is stronger than willpower, so imagine yourself AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE.
4. GET EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED. Generate strong feelings of how it would feel when you achieve your goal, get yourself really, really motivated to achieve your goal.
5. Think only in the positive - the brain doesn't process negatives (try NOT thinking about an orange elephant), so FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WANT, rather than what you don't want.
6. Check you can MEASURE PROGRESS towards your goal and break your goal down into smaller manageable chunks. Monitor your success and if you're not meeting your targets, use that as a reason to get even more motivated.
Lothian Reflexology provides Reflexology for Stress, General Health & Wellbeing, Fertility and Pregnancy. Gift Vouchers Available
JANUARY OFFER: Detox Reflexology - 3 treatments for the price of 2 only in January and February.
I hope you had a wonderful Festive Season full of food, fun and friends. But now that the New Year is here, most of us feel the need to get back to a stricter regime.
As a reflexologist, I often see an increase in foot sensitivity in the colon and kidney reflexes at this time of year - a response to the over-indulgance of the holiday season I expect. All these little party snacks and nibbles are packed full of trans-fats, sugar and salt that can take your body out of balance. And that's without factoring alcohol into the equation.
How would you know if your body's straining under the effects of the party season? Well, a drop in energy levels, poor skin condition, dull eyes, constipation, or poor sleep patterns may all indicate that your body's in need of some tender loving care.
Fortunately your body's a very efficient detox machine and will comfortably clear your system of toxins, but there's no harm in helping things along. Here are a few tips to boost your body's natural detox process: