Woo Hoo! ...... Re-opening from
Monday 26th April
The recent good weather is bringing feet into fashion, after all who doesn't want to wear cooling sandals in the summer sun.
So, if you're feet are not yet fit for summer, here are a few tips to get you there:
1. Everyone will wash their feet daily, but remember to dry well, especially between the toes. Only soak your feet occasionally or you may destroy the skin's natural oils.
2. Cut toe nails straight across with a nail clipper - cutting at an angle or down the edge of the nail can cause ingrown toenails. Smooth rough edges with a light file using an emery board.
3. Buy good fitting shoes - shop for shoes in the afternoon when your feet are at their largest to get the best fit. Restrict your time in flipflops or pumps with no instep support as this can can foot damage: good quality sandals with instep support are best for regular use.
4. Moisturise regularly (but not between the toes) and remove hard skin with a file or pumice stone, but don't overdo it or the hard skin will grow back harder than ever.
5. Treat thick toenails by applying a light coat of Vaseline at night.
6. Give your cuticles a treat by applying cuticle oil every 2 weeks: rub the oil on the cuticle and immerse feet in warm water for 10 minutes to loosen the skin. Then push back the skin with an orangewood stick.
7. Treat calluses by exfoliating daily using a foot file or pumice stone (ideally on wet feet). Go gently because the callus is there as protection.
8. Tackle yellowing nails by buffing. If the staining is from dark coloured polish, then use a base coat before applying the colour to protect the nails. Persistent yellowing of nails could be a sign of health problems, so make an appointment with your GP to get it checked out.
And if all that sounds too much like hard work, take advantage of this month's special offer and book a Reflexology treatment and get a Pedicure for £10.
You can book online at BOOKING
I hope the sun shines enough this summer for us all to wear our sandals and show off our beautifully manicured feet!