Laughter is the best medicine - and it’s free! In these credit crunch, recession ridden times, give yourself a lift, HAVE A LAUGH.
Laughing and smiling actually have amazing health benefits:
1. It’s an antidote to stress, because it reduces the level of stress hormones and increases the level of health-enhancing hormones like endorphins, and neurotransmitters.
2. It strengthens the immune system by increases the number of antibody-producing cells.
3. It can provide a physical and emotional release from strong negative emotions.
4. It can offer a distraction from pain, stress and anxiety, strong negative emotions and even cravings.
5. It provides a great internal workout. A good belly laugh exercises the diaphragm, contracts the abs and even works out the shoulders, leaving muscles more relaxed afterward – not to mention providing a good workout for the heart.
You choose how you respond to events, so look at the funny side of life.